Propyleneglycol is an organic compound, a clear, viscous, oily, colorless liquid with characteristic odor. The product is very easily soluble in water, acetone and chloroform.
Propyleneglycol is manufactured by the hydration of propylene oxide.
Molecular formula: C3H8O2
No. CAS: 57-55-6
||Value for Propyleneglycol |
||viscous, clear liquid |
|Propyleneglycol, min content
|Density at 20°C, g/cm³
|Boiling point of Propyleneglycol
||188.2°C at 760 mm Hg |
|Water (by Karl-Fischer), max
|Acidity (CH3COOH), max.
|Hazen color of Propyleneglycol, max.
||15 Hazen units |
|Ash content, max.
Application of Propyleneglycol:
- unsaturated polyester resins;
- paints & varnishes;
- heat transfer fluids,
- antifreezes, polyether polyols, antifoaming agents
- as a glycerin substitute in fine organic synthesis;
- as a solvent in printing inks;
- as solvent and enzyme stabilizer in laundry detergents;
- stabilizer in hydraulic fluids;
- plasticizer to improve processing ability of plastics