Calcium formate is a calcium salt of formic acid.
Calcium formate in the form of white crystalline powder (content > 98%) is moderately hygroscopic, bitter by taste, non-toxic, soluble in water.
Molecular formula: Ña(ÍÑÎÎ)2
Molecular weight: 130,116.
CAS No.: 544-17-2
Calcium formate accelerates the setting of cement mortars i.å. the transfer from liquid to solid state; increases the initial strength of the hardened mortar; quicken the hardening in terms of the attainment of the maximal strength by cement mortar; protects the concrete from freezing at low temperatures; ensures faster obtaining the designated shape for concrete and faster formwork removal.
||Value for calcium formate |
||white crystalline powder |
|Calcium formate, min content
||≥ 98 % |
|Ñà content, min
||≥ 30% |
||≤ 0,50 % |
|Specific weight at 20°C
||~ 2,02 g/cm³ |
||~ 900-1000 g/dm³ |
|pH (10% solution in water)
||~ 6,0-7,5 |
||> 400°C |
|Weight loss at annealing
||< 1 % |
More precise data are provided in the certificate of analysis for ñalcium formate
Application of ñalcium formate:
- Fast-hardening concretes,
- Cement-based adhesives for ceramic tiles and plasters,
- Self-levelling floor compounds,
- Cement slurries for filling joints,
- Concrete renders for repairing, reinforced and regular concretes,
- Seamless coatings for pedestrian’s paths,
- Wooden-chip boards with cement binder,
- In the leather-processing industry,
- As an anti-mildew and bactericidal means,
- As a feed additive for animals
Calcium formate as an anti-freeze additive:
||Addition of calcium formate |
||1% of ñalcium formate for 100% of cement |
||2% of ñalcium formate for 100% of cement |
The optimal amount of ñalcium formate in the mixture is determined by the user.